Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Commitment to Self Care

If you are like me, a commitment to self care is tricky territory.  I know there are certain things I need to do for myself.  Not want - but need to do.  These things are as essential to my health, physically, mentally, and emotionally as drinking enough water or getting enough sleep.  That said, I don't drink enough water and most of the time I feel like all I want to do is nap.  So, as you might imagine some, or most, if not all of the other things on my self care check list sometimes, most of the time, or all of the time go by the way side.

Things on my list that I have promised myself everyday:

CARE IMPROVEMENT

Yoga

Meditation

Beautiful music

Honest quality time with my children

Things that happen that prevent me from doing the things I need to do?

I get tired.

I get distracted - usually by doing something I dislike very much, like watching TV.

I simply get lazy.

I suppose all of it is about some kind of laziness - and what is the cost? 

I lose my motivation.

My energy wanes.

My focus and attention are limited.

My general sense of well being is diminished.

My connection to my Source feel compromised.

What TV show could possibly be worth that?  Seriously - what anything could be worth that?  Putting anything else before doing those things for myself is silliness in the highest form.  Because when I'm charged up, tuned in, turned on, and tapped in, I can get more done, I'm more connected, I have laser focus, and I am blissfully happy.

If I don't keep my commitments to myself how can I really trust myself when I make commitments to others?

So - what are four things you need to do for yourself everyday to live your best life?

Will you commit, or recommit with me to doing them for yourself?

A Commitment to Self Care

CARE IMPROVEMENT

0 comments:

Post a Comment